Finally, a resource for nervous and fearful flyers from someone who can relate! Written by an "expert passenger" and former nervous flyer, this portable "flight coach" provides honest, realistic and time-tested ways to manage flight (and possibly even enjoy the experience). The Nervous Flyer's Handbook will help you:
• Understand that your feelings about flight are normal
• Put your nervousness or fear into perspective
• Think about flight in new ways
• Prepare for a flight in order to minimize any additional stressors
• Understand the basics and get through each phase of flight
• Plan effective, distracting activities and coping techniques
• Manage special issues that might come up
Don't let your nervousness about flight take priority over visiting loved ones, taking that vacation, or an important business trip. The Nervous Flyer's Handbook is here to encourage and coach you along - for all of your future flights!
Kate Fellows has been a domestic and international "reluctant frequent flyer" for over 20 years, with well over five hundred flights worth of experience. For many of those years, she struggled with an intense fear of flying, but was determined to not let that stop her from visiting family and taking business trips.
Finding most fear-of-flying resources from pilots and psychologists either too technical, unrealistic or generic, Kate started writing down her own perspectives, coping techniques and other ideas about the flight experience. Her pile of notes grew with each flight, and she found that re-reading these before and during each flight greatly reduced her fear of flying. Today Kate flies confidently and with ease, and those notes have evolved into this book, which she hopes can benefit other passengers in the same way.
Kate lives with her family in Washington state.